Staff Selection Commission | SSC Exams
Are you looking for the best and prominent Online English Classes For SSC CGL, or Best Study Material For SSC CGL in Jaipur? If yes, you are in the right place. Polite English – one of the top and leading online English learning platforms is best for English Study Material where the students will be taught and guided under the team of highly-educated and expert professors with great experience in relevant fields anytime anywhere.
As we are focused on the overall development of students for English in different competitive exams such as SSC CGL Pre and Mains, SSC CHCL, SSC JE, SSC MTS, SSC CPO and SSC GD, we are providing English Grammar For Competitive Exams with the best english study material, dedicated faculty, and effective study guide so that they could not only improve their English writing & speaking skills but also clear the exam with notable marks. Keeping the significance of SSC CGL exams in mind, Polite English provides the best learning online environment for students to overcome their English learning weaknesses. Let’s start with what an SSC CGL Exam is.
What is SSC?
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a top and renowned organization under the Government of India that evaluates and recruits the suitable candidates to various government departments/ ministries by conducting SSC CGL, SSC JE, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS, and SSC CPO exams. The SSC holds the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam and recruits the candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts at various government ministries, departments, and offices. One of the leading job offering bodies of India, SSC provides various prestigious jobs to several candidates including Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector in CBEC, Sub-Inspector CBI, and Assistant Enforcement officer and many more.
The SSC CGL has a four-tier system in which Tier I and Tier II are computer-based exams while tier III and IV, applicants are free to take up a descriptive paper and a computer proficiency test or skill test and document verification.
Every year, the demand for government jobs is increasing among youth. Therefore, SSC releases the job notifications of SSC CGL in the first half of the year and is held under the guidance and observations of SSC. Additionally, the government is more focusing on rendering better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. So, it is a great opportunity for the candidates out there to get a prestigious job in various sectors of government departments.
What does SSC Do?
The essential responsibility of the Staff Selection Commission is to organize and conduct recruitments to Group C (Non-technical) and Group B (Both technical and non-technical) posts in departments of the government of India as well as its associated and subordinate offices except the recruitments made by the Railway Recruitment Boards and Industrial Establishments.
The SSC conducts departmental examinations for:
- Group D to LDC Grade,
- LDC to UDC Grade and
- Stenographers Grade D to Stenographers Grade C apart from periodical Typewriting Tests in English & Hindi.
The SSC has a network of 9 nationwide offices located at Allahabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi & Sub-regional offices located at Chandigarh & Raipur.
SSC Exam Highlights
- Name of the exam – SSC CGL
- Full-form – Staff Selection Commission (Combined Graduate Level)
- Organizing Body – Staff Selection Commission
- Official Website – ssc.nic.in
- Exam Level – National
- Exam Mode – Tier I and II- Online, Tier III – offline
- Exam Date – Tier I: 3rd to 9th March 2020, Tier II: 22nd to 25th June 2020, Tier III: 22nd to 25th June 2020
- Exam Frequency – Once a Year
- Languages – English and Hindi
- Exam Helpdesk No – 011-69999845
SSC CGL Eligibility
The eligibility criteria have been set by the Staff Selection Commission in terms of educational qualification, age, and other eligibility conditions. The criteria can vary as per the post applied by the candidate. Here are the basic criteria that every candidate is required to follow to meet SSC CGL eligibility:
- Citizenship – The candidate must be the citizen of India or a person of India origin.
- Age Limit – The required minimum age is 20 years and maximum age is 30 years.
- Education – The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from the recognized university or institute.
SSC CGL Selection Procedure
The SSC conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam in four levels every year for various posts. They are as follows:
- Tier I – Computer-based exam online (Objective Multiple Choice Questions), 200 Marks
- Tier II – Computer-based exam online (Objective Multiple Choice Questions), 200 Marks
- Tier III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi), 100 Marks
- Tier IV – Computer-based – If applicable (Skill test/ Computer Proficiency Test)
SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Tier I Exam Pattern:
- It is an objective type exam conducted online
- No. of Questions – 100
- No. of Sections – 4 (Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and General Awareness)
- Total Marks – 200
- Time Duration – 60 Minutes
Tier-II Exam Pattern:
- It is an objective type exam conducted online
- No. of Sections – 4 (Quantitative Ability – 100 Questions, English Language and Comprehension – 200 Questions, Statistics -100 Questions, and General Studies – 100 Questions)
- Total Marks – 200 each
- Time Duration – 2 Hours
Tier III Exam Pattern:
- It is a descriptive type exam conducted offline
- Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter or Application, etc.
- Total Marks – 100
- Time Duration – 60 Minutes
Tier IV Exam Pattern:
- It consists of a couple of skills sets essential for certain government posts all over the country
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test) – The exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax). They are given an article in English to type on the computer with a minimum of 2000 key depressions in 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) – SSC conducts CPT in three modules – Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Generation of Slides to evaluate the candidate’s proficiency in the computer for the posts of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive officer) and Inspector (Examiner).
- Document Verification – This is the last step of the final selection of the SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL Exam Registration
To apply for the SSC CGL Exam, you need to follow some essential steps. Here they are as follows:
- First, you need to log-in to the official website of the SSC CGL exam by using your valid email ID and phone number.
- You will get the OTP of the required ID you want to generate for the SSC portal.
- Then, you fill the application form online by clicking on “Apply”
- You must carry the scanned photographs of your passport photos, signature, and thumb impression to fill the application.
- Pay the fees either online or through a Challan after filling the application.
- Then, click on the Submit button after cross-checking the details.
- You can download the application form and take out the print for future references.
SSC CGL Admit Card
All the candidates who have successfully applied for the exam eagerly wait for the admit cards to know their exam city, center time and other details. Here are the essential steps to download the Admit card:
- Visit the official website of SSC.
- Click on Admit card button> regional/sub-regional website link> Admit card dashboard.
- Log-in to the account with your valid registration number/roll no and password.
- You can download the admit card and take out the print for future references.
SSC CGL Results and Application Fees
The SSC CGL exam results will be available on the official website of SSC after completion of each Tier Exam. The required application fee is Rs. 100 for General/OBC candidates while there is no fee required in the case of SC/ ST/PH and female candidates.
Who Are We? – English Grammar For SSC CGL
Polite English is the best known English For Competitive Exams in Jaipur dealing online with different types of competitive exams for students with a vision to make them capable of clearing exams with good marks in English. Whether it is improving grammatical abilities, reading or writing skills, vocabulary power or fluency, we cover all of them thoroughly with ease to widen the learning area of young minds.
We are offering:
- Professional Faculty – We have a well-trained, informed and experienced group of faculty who is committed to the overall growth of candidates. They provide necessary guidance and knowledge to candidates anytime anywhere.
- Quality Study Material – To ease the learning process of candidates, we are providing well-described, sorted and explained SSC CGL English Study Material Pdf, and English Grammar Book For SSC CGL in Jaipur that covers all the sections asked in SSC exams. Now the students can prepare extensively for the exam.
- Online Test Series And English Exercises – We are providing our students a well-designed & organized English Grammar For SSC CGL and English For Competitive Exams by our expert faculty.
- Online Video Tutorials – To make students capable of studying anywhere at any time, we are offering our online English video tutorials on site as well as on YouTube. You can subscribe to it and get the daily updates.
- Extra Doubt-clearing Sessions – To ensure effective learning in students and make them capable of understanding clear concepts, we offer extra doubt-clearing sessions apart from the regular classes where students can put their queries and issues related to their exams.
- Customized Study Plans – We understand that every student has different learning methods and techniques. Therefore, Polite English is offering well-organized and sorted customized study plans by our expert faculties.
- Excellent Learning Tricks – We are providing innovative and easy to remember learning short tricks to students to achieve the desired results within preparation time.
- Ladder Method – It is the most effective method to teach students. We are providing interactive PDF opening tools so that students could get a quick overview of the course and complex questions.
At Polite English, you will get the best faculty for the preparation of Online English Classes For SSC CGL, English Grammar For SSC CGL and English For Competitive Exams in a well and organized manner. Each and every portion of the English language for SSC preparation will be covered whether it is grammatical abilities, reading or writing skills or rich vocabulary or anything else, we concentrate on the depth learning with clear concepts. You will get the best quality tutorials and guidance support for your career. Along with all the mentioned above facilities, we also provide exam patterns, tips, and suggestions for the overall preparation of students.
So, initiate in the right direction and start enrolling with Polite English.