Pearson Tests of English | PTE
Are you looking for the PTE preparation online, PTE study online in Jaipur? If yes, you are in the right place. Welcome to Polite English – one of the top and most approached online English learning platforms providing online training and classes to students and aspirants who are willing to crack different competitive exams with notable marks. With great years of experience, we are offering end to end solutions to students who wish to study and work abroad in effective and engaging ways.
What is PTE?
Stands for Pearson Test of English, (PTE) is a computer-based academic English language test required for all those students and aspirants who are willing to go abroad for studying, working or living in a major English speaking country to prove their English language competency. In simple words, it is a test for non-native English speakers who wish to go to a foreign country to study. The test evaluates an individual’s skills in writing, reading, speaking and listening as well as accepted by numerous educational institutions around the world including the UK, Australia, USA, and Canada.
The test is conducted by Pearson Inc, within a duration of 3 hours and focuses on you day to day English instead of high-level English language and tests. The main agenda of this test is to analyze a student’s capability to effectively understand the language in daily scenarios.
In this guide, we have covered the main highlights of the test that every candidate must know if they wish and preparing for it to get admission in their desired foreign university.
Why Is It Important To Take The Pte Exam?
As we have already mentioned that PTE is a computer-based English language test required to take by those students and aspirants wish to study abroad. It focuses on our ability to write, read, speak and listen to the English language daily. It was developed in 1982 by the University of London Schools Examination Board to test the student’s English language knowledge in more accurate ways. Formerly known as the London Test of English, it is approved by the Graduate Management Admission Council.
The test is conducted in three sections – speaking, reading, writing and listening with 20 types of different questions formats such as multiple choices or essay writing, etc. As the test is accepted worldwide, you can get the results faster and quicker as well as increase your chances of getting admission into globally recognized universities or colleges.
Types of PTE Exam
The Pearson Language Test – a unit of Pearson PLC group conducts this test in two types to acknowledge the English competency of students wishing to study or make a career abroad. They are:
- PTE General: This type of PTE exam is held thrice a year in May, December, and June and contains six levels. You will be taking an exam in two papers – a written paper and a spoken test to analyze the communication skills in the language. The results are valid for a lifetime.
- PTE Academic – It is required for all those students seeking admission to a foreign university or college or institution. It is conducted round the year and consists of four sections – reading, writing, speaking and listening. The scores of the exam are valid for two years.
PTE Exam Highlights
- Exam Name – PTE
- Full-Form – Pearson Test of English
- Official Website – https://pearsonpte.com/
- Conducted by – Pearson PLC Group
- Mode of exam – Online
- Worldwide accepted by – Universities in UK, Australia, and New Zealand
- Fees – INR 13,300
- Skills Analyze – Reading, Writing, Speaking And Listening
PTE Eligibility Criteria
- Education – The test is required to be taken by students and migrants who wish to study, work or live in a foreign country speak English as a major language. As such, there is not any education qualification area that is prescribed by the Pearson PLC group, the organizing body of the test.
- Age – According to the PTE Academic eligibility criteria, any candidate who is 16 years and above is allowed to take the test. In addition to this, candidates who are 18 years of age are required to produce a parental consent form to appear for the test.
PTE Exam Syllabus
If you are enrolling for the PTE exam, it is very important to understand the PTE syllabus before taking the exam. The syllabus for PTE academic exam is divided into speaking and writing, reading and listening sections. Keep reading for details.
PTE Exam Pattern
PTE is an English language competency test for non-native speakers and for those who are willing to study abroad. It includes three sections – Reading, Writing, Speaking And Listening. Your marks will depend on these three sections to make sure you are eligible for studying at an international university. If you are preparing for the test, it is essential to be aware of this pattern. Let’s have a look:
1. Speaking and Writing (77-93 Minutes)
- Introduce yourself
- Loud Reading
- Sentence repetition
- Image Description
- Rephrase lecture
- Short question answering
- Written text summarization
2. Reading (32-40 Minutes)
- Multiple choice questions – single or multiple
- Reading and writing – fill in the blanks
- Rearrange paragraphs
- Reading with fill in the blanks
3. Listening (45-57 Minutes)
- Summarization of spoken text
- Multiple choices – multiple answers or single answer
- Fill in the blanks
- Mark correct summary
- Select missed words
- Dictation writing
PTE Exam Registration
If you want to appear in this test, you need to register on the official site of the Pearson PTE Academic. For online registration, you need a valid ID like a passport. Keep remembering to carry that ID on the day of the exam otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter the center.
Steps To Register Online:
- Go to the official site of PTE Academic
- Click on the “Create Account” and fill in your personal details in the form.
- After completing the registration process, you will get an email within the 48 hours from the site with your log-in details
- Then, you are required to sign in by using the username and password to search your nearest test center.
- You should also select a suitable time and date.
- Now you need to make the payment and finalize your booking.
Apart from registering online for the test, you can also register via phone call.
PTE Exam Fees
The standard fee for the PTE academic is Rs. 13,300 but in case if you are booking for the exam before 48 hours of the test date, you would be required to pay the late booking fee of Rs. 13,965.
Who Are We?
We at Polite English are offering PTE practice online, PTE preparation online free as well as paid to make all those students suitable, confident and comfortable in speaking and understanding English language in day to day scenarios who are willing to go abroad for studying, working or living so that they could get the admission in their selected university or college.
What We Are Offering:
- Online test series for PTE
- Customized and well-sorted PTE study material
- PTE preparation course under the guidance of experts and experienced professors
- Online video tutorials
- English exercises and best PTE exam practice online
- Suitable study plans with easy to remember tricks and learning methods
- Separate doubt clearing sessions
Stop wasting your time searching for other online platforms for PTE exam preparation. Contact us and get yourself enrolled with us!!!