International English Language Testing System | IELTS
So, you have finally decided to take the IELTS Test and we are sharing this guide to help and assist you with an effective study plan for cracking IELTS test with notable marks. You will get every essential information you need to consider while preparing for the test.
If you are looking for the IELTS preparation online, the best IELTS preparation online free, you are at the right place. Welcome to Polite English – one of the top and leading online English learning and training platforms offering quality and customized IELTS courses and end solutions to all the students who wish to study, work or migrate abroad under the guidance of professional and highly-experienced faculty of tutors.
So, we will first begin with its introduction and why it is important. Take a look:
What is the IELTS Test?
Stands for International English Language Testing System, IELTS is the world’s most popular English language and proficiency test required to be taken by international candidates willing to study, work and migrate to a country where English is the main language as the communication. It uses a nine-band scale to access the proficiency level from non-user (band score 0) to expert (band score 9). You can choose either a computer-based test or a paper-based test as per your convenience. The exam mainly evaluates the candidate’s ability to communicate in the four basic English language skills which are – listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
The IELTS test is widely accepted by more than 10,000 organizations, including educational institutions, professional associations, and government in approximately 140 countries around the world. The most popular countries where the test is recognized for university admissions are the UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada.
Why is IELTS important to take?
As we have already mentioned that more than 10,000 organizations including foreign universities and visas granting authorities accept the test worldwide and take the results as a measurement that the respective candidate does not have any communication issues while staying in the country. So, you are required to show that you have a good understanding and command over the English language and this is the reason why your overall IELTS marks are important.
- In Universities – Thousands of world’s top universities and colleges accept the IELTS results as an assurance that you have good English language proficiency.
- In Organizations – Many professional registration bodies including accounting, law, medicine, engineering, nursing, pharmacy, and teaching, etc accept your IELTS results as an ability to communicate in English. It means, if you are willing to get a job in your desired foreign organization, IELTS is required.
- In the case of Global Migration – In many countries, IELTS scores are crucial than any other English language test by the government as a requirement for your permanent stay.
- Accesses your Abilities – IELTS test helps access your English language proficiency and practical communication abilities. Along with this, it gives you an accurate assessment of the four skills mentioned above.
Students often doubt whether the IELTS test is compulsory or not. Well, let us tell you that it is not compulsory in all the university admissions. Many universities may not require IELTS scores but as it is widely accepted in more than 10,000 organizations worldwide, it is good if you take the test.
Types of IELTS Test
The IELTS test is available in two types – IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Keep one thing in mind that listening and speaking are the same in both the tests but the subject matter of reading and writing differs according to the test you have chosen. Let’s read in details:
- IELTS Academic – Applicants who are willing to apply for higher education or professional registration abroad required to take the test. It measures your suitability in an academic environment by evaluating your English language proficiency.
- IELTS General Training – This test is required to be taken by those who wish to migrate to countries where English is the major communication language like Canada, Australia, and the UK. It measures your English language proficiency in a practical everyday context.
IELTS Eligibility Criteria
- Age – There are no eligibility criteria defined by the concerning authority. Any person can take the test irrespective of age, nationality, gender, or religion. However, any person under 16 years of age is not recommended to take the test.
- Educational Qualification – There are also not any eligibility criteria defined by the conducting bodies of IELTS. Anyone can take the test who wishes to go to foreign countries for higher studies or live or work. However, do not forget to check the eligibility criteria set by educational institutions.
IELTS Exam Highlights
- Exam name – IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Official Website –https://www.ielts.org/
- Organized by – British Council and IDP Education Ltd
- Mode of Exam – Computer and Paper
- IELTS Fees – INR 13,250
- Score Range – On a scale of 1 to 9
IELTS Test Pattern
If you want to score well in your IELTS test, it is important to understand the IELTS exam pattern and syllabus in detail. It is a test that assesses and evaluates all your four language skills – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. You are expected to score well in these four sections within the time duration of 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- IELTS Listening (30 minutes, 40 questions) – There will be four recordings you will be listening to by native English speakers and then, you are required to answer a series of questions.
- IELTS Reading (60 minutes, 40 questions) – You will be required to answer 40 questions in 60 minutes designed to evaluate your reading skills. There will be multiple-choice questions, sentence and summary completion, matching figures and headings, etc.
- IELTS Writing (60 minutes, 2 questions) – In this test, you are required to complete two tasks that cover the area of general interest based on the module.
- IELTS Speaking (11-14 minutes) – The test is specially designed to access your English speaking skills. It is conducted in 3 parts.
To make the registration, your passport is required and along with this, you also need to carry your passport on the exam day. Just visit the official site of the British council, create an account, find your test center and register and pay online.
Who Are We?
We at Polite English are offering IELTS exam preparation online, IELTS practice online, and IELTS test preparation online to all the students traveling abroad for different reasons like study, work or migrate. Our preparation includes tips and tricks to clear exams with notable marks prepared by our expert professionals after conducting deep research. Apart from online classroom coaching, we are also offering live interactive sessions, writing, and speaking feedback, and doubt clearing sessions.
- Online test series for IELTS
- Customized IELTS study material
- Best IELTS preparation course
- Well-sorted IELTS computer-based test practice
- Latest IELTS study material online and IELTS exam practice test
- Online IELTS video tutorials
- Interactive and doubt-clearing sessions with faculty
- Expert and professional tutors
- Easy study plans, methods, and strategies
So, stop wasting time and get yourself enrolled with politeenglish.com.